- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year ago by gabriellem.
December 8, 2021 at 10:03 pm #4976gabriellem
Lori Byrd-McDevitt, Co-Founder, 1909 Digital, Indianapolis, Indiana
Simple Social Media Strategy Template
Communicates an established plan
Centralizes best practices
Provides a reference point for decision making
What goes into a simple social strategy?
– Goals & objectives
What does the museum want to accomplish?
Who is our audience?
Who do we want to reach?
Figure out audience:
– For Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/business/learn/lessons/identify-target-audience
– For Instagram:
Use the institution’s Business profile.
Select the three horizontal lines in the top right corner.
Click on Total followers to determine locations, age ranges, gender, and most active times.
– For Twitter: https://blog.hootsuite.com/twitter-analytics-guide/
– For YouTube: https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/feature/findmyaudience/?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=paid-media&utm_team=twg-us&utm_campaign=twg-cpc-us-2021q3-ASC-find-my-audience-tool&gclid=Cj0KCQiAzMGNBhCyARIsANpUkzMx5ldtTsVom6bKOkkn4s1eJhfSAS9ZMScld_FBVu-ZvVh2crcIO2oaAgHHEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
– Target social media audience: https://www.hootsuite.com/resources/blog/buyer-persona-template
What are our platforms? (ex. YouTube, email, Facebook)
Where does each audience engage?
What are the top-priority channels?
Figure out the best social media for your organization: https://aofund.org/resource/choosing-right-social-media-platform-your-business/ / https://digitalmarketinginstitute.com/blog/which-social-media-platforms-should-you-use-for-your-business
– Engagement goals by channel
What are we trying to do through each of these platforms (social media-specific goals)?
How to set meaningful goals: https://sproutsocial.com/insights/social-media-goals/ / https://blog.hootsuite.com/smart-social-media-goals/
– Content plan
What is our content? (ex. post, pictures, video, blog)
What content is low-hanging fruit?
– Collections metadata (see Professor McGonagall’s hat at the MoPOP Seattle)
– Blogs (The M Blog at the Minnesota Museum of American Art The M Blog at the Minnesota Museum of American Art)
– Exhibit labels (Lions at the Met Museum)
– Staff research (Not necessarily research, but staff-in-action)
– News coverage
– User-generated content
Who is already making content?
What can be repeatedly repurposed?
Create content with pre-made templates: Canva
– Annual campaign calendar
What campaigns can we relate to in a year? What themes can our museum use? (ex. March, Women’s History Month; February, Black History Month)
Tips for creating a content calendar: https://www.lianatech.com/resources/blog/10-tips-for-creating-a-content-calendar.html
Example from the Burke Museum
When are we posting?
– Core messaging
How does it relate to our main message and values?
When museums might respond to current events: http://midatlanticmuseums.org/resources/responding-to-current-events/
- This topic was modified 1 year ago by gabriellem.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.